Working closely with the Advocacy and the Joint University Association Committee (JUAC), UAC ensures the AD 10 Policies are kept current, reviews grievances and issues brought forward by members.
- Purpose of the Committee
- To consider, study, and make recommendations to the Executive on changes to AD-10 policies;
- To identify areas of concern at the University that may affect members, and advise the Executive if action is recommended;
- To act as the support and oversight committee for the Joint University-Association Committee (JUAC).
- Membership of Committee
Membership in the Committee shall consist of:
- APSA representatives appointed to JUAC (3)
- Chair of the Advocacy Committee (or designate)
- Two or more additional members appointed by the Board annually
- At least one member shall also be a concurrent member of the Board
Membership of the Committee will be confirmed by the Board on an annual basis (July 1 to June 30), in accordance with the above rules. Members may serve an unlimited number of consecutive terms.
Meetings will be held at the call of the Chair. The committee will meet at least bi-monthly.
Decisions of the committee are generally made by consensus.
If consensus is not attainable, a decision will be made by majority vote of the Committee members present, with the Chair only voting in the case of a tie.
A committee report will be provided to the Executive by the Chair within 2 weeks of any meeting held, and in any case at least once per quarter.
An annual report will be prepared for the Annual General Meeting of the Association each year. The report will be submitted to the Board who will then make it available to the members.
The Committee may set up ad hoc working groups on any issue as it sees fit, and appoint members to such working groups on its own behalf. Such groups will not have any decision-making authority, but will report and make recommendations to the Committee for consideration.
Last updated: Nov 9, 2010