CONSTITUTION OF THE SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATIVE AND PROFESSIONAL STAFF ASSOCIATION
The name of the Society is Simon Fraser Administrative and Professional Staff Association.
The purposes of the Association are to promote and advance the interests of the administrative and professional employees of Simon Fraser University, by:
- representing them in negotiations with regard to the terms and conditions of their employment, and supporting them with regard to grievances, arbitrations, and mediations,
- advising them on matters of concern,
- promoting professionalism, excellence, and collegiality,
- encouraging their professional and career development,
- representing them to the public, governments, news media, and other educational institutions, and doing all such things as may be necessary or conducive to the attainment of these purposes.
Clause 2 of the Constitution was rescinded and replaced Nov 2010.