On January 29, the Salary & Benefits Negotiating Team and the University Administration entered mediation that lasted for seven hours. At the end, mediator Colin Taylor awarded the following.
- Term of Agreement: July 1,
2014 to June 30, 2019.
- General Wage increases of
5.5% over five years as follows:
July 1, 2015 1.0% July 1, 2016 0.5% July 1, 2017 1.5% July 1, 2018 1.5% July 1, 2019 1.0%
- Economic Stability payment as provided in the Letter of Agreement entitled “Economic Stability Payment”
(attached hereto and marked Appendix “A”) on the dates as follows:
July 1, 2016
July 1, 2017
July 1, 2018
June 30, 2019
- The carry forward of Unused Professional Development funds, is provided in AD 10.11 5.02 will be amended to provide that effective January 1, 2016, unused Professional Development funds in a calendar year may be carried forward to the next calendar year to a maximum of $3,500.
- The University shall amend the current Vision Care coverage to allow the cost of eye examinations up to a maximum of $100 in a 24-month period within the current $500 vision care coverage. (Please note, it may take a few weeks for this to be set up administratively).
- The University and APSA recognize
that a fair and equitable system of total compensation is important for the
successful recruitment and retention of professional and managerial staff. The
parties also recognize that while salary makes up an important component of
total compensation, the various other benefits and entitlements, which are
provided to APSA employees, form an integrated system of total compensation.
The University and APSA will establish a Joint Compensation Review Committee (JCRC) consisting of three representatives each from the University and APSA, to consider and make recommendation(s) towards the development and implementation of a total compensation package.
See APSA's intent of the Committee here: http://apsacentral.ca/ensuring-fair-and-market-based-compensation-members
- In the event that the Joint
Compensation Review Committee cannot agree on any issue and has arrived at an
impasse or where the Committee has failed to meet any deadlines, the dispute
shall be referred to Colin Taylor (mediator/arbitrator).
Colin Taylor shall hold meetings with the parties within 7 days of being appointed. If he is not available within 7 days or such longer period agreed by the Committee, another mediator/arbitrator shall be appointed within 7 days.
Where the mediator/arbitrator cannot resolve the issue or issues within 3 days of meetings, the mediator/arbitrator shall make a final and binding decision.
- The University shall
allocate funds for the implementation of the recommendations of the Joint
Compensation Review Committee as follows:
July 1, 2016 $220,000
July 1, 2017 $115,000
- Effective July 1, 2018, the University will allocate one-time funding of $150,000 to the Joint Compensation Review Committee for the mutually agreed work of the committee.
|3376 Feb 16 award_0.pdf||126.94 KB|